BDD_Feature - "Could not create the scenario" error on creating a scenario

Lucia Butnarciuc January 21, 2021

After clicking the Create button for creating a scenario in the BDD_Feature a "Could not create the scenario" error is displayed.
Please help to understand where the issue could be.Screenshot_1944.png

2 answers

0 votes
KAGITHALA BABU ANVESH
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 21, 2021

Good Day ...!

If any workflow have validation on "Create" transition also cause this kind of issues. 

Long back we enabled only particular project permission enabled people can create "Epic".

In Your project.

Go To Project Settings --> Workflows --> Story workflow --> edit workflow --> Select "Create" Transition --> check the validation. --> are you the member in that group / role / permission or not.

image.png

Check permissions of the project. in "Create Issues" permission. if you are there. may be something other will causing the problem. 

Lucia Butnarciuc January 22, 2021

Hi,
Thank you for your answer and recommendations!
I checked one more time permissions and I have them, so the problem should be caused by something else.
Checked the console - it gives the 400 error when the error message is displayed:
Screenshot_1945.png

Christopher Casey January 26, 2021

I am getting the same exact issue.  Does anyone have a solution?

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 21, 2021

What app are you using to provide this functionality?

Hi,
This functionality is provided by Jira, after creating a User issue type with the BDD_Feature label.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 22, 2021

No, sorry, I was not clear.

The screen you have shown us is not a part of Jira.  The scenarios field is provided by an app that has been built to add BDD functions to it.  We need to know what that app is.

Oh, sorry))
It's from Zephyr, but it's not an app anymore.
Previously, BDD support in Zephyr for Jira required installing an additional app, Cucumber for Jira. As of August 23, 2020 this is no longer needed.

image (33).png

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events