Automations completely inactive or strongly delayed in more orgs

Reply Test Group November 25, 2020

Hi all,

from 2 PM of today, we have encountered strong slowdowns in the execution of some automations for my projects, where the issue fields were updated with a delay of 15-20 minutes, while almost all the other automations (scattered for the different projects) are completely stopped and no movement is recorded in the respective Audit Log.

I state that the states described in the automations exist and are connected to the workflows related to the issues. Furthermore, there is no permission constraint neither on the "Automation for Jira" user nor on groups, roles or users who can or cannot edit or transit issues.

Obviously, the automations worked perfectly before 2 PM and no change was done on the security.

I tried to use several test automations on a new project with no restrictions or permissions, always using an administrative user; I tried to edit a field both when an issue was commented and when it passed from one state to another, but always without success. The log of the related automations does not report an error or any message.

I leave below an example of the malfunction of the automatism (the names are translated into Italian but have never been a problem).

The issue:1.png

The automation enabled:2.png

The issue transition of the automation:3.png

The field editing of the automation:

4.png

The default workflow of the issue:

5.png

The status changing of the issue:

6.png

The automation tab with no updates:

7.png

The Audit Log of the automation with no updates:

8.png

I clarify that I had the same problem both in an org with Product Plan Standard, and in another with Enterprise.

Moreover, the automations scattered around the different orgs are not global, each project has its own set of automations

There is some problem with the automations on Jira ?

Please, help!

Thank you.

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 25, 2020

great write up. i hate that you had to spend so much time on it. :-(

There is a known and active incident for Automations in Cloud - https://jira-software.status.atlassian.com/incidents/x5yqyntc3kys 

Reply Test Group November 25, 2020

If I had seen it before.. ^^

I run to subscribe for the updates!

Thank you @Jack Brickey

Like Jack Brickey likes this
0 votes
Reply Test Group November 26, 2020

Hi all again,

just to inform you all, the problem seems to be resolved!

During the first hours of the day, many automations recover their pending work.

The automations run smootly now, great fix in a great timing!

TY, Atlassian ;)

Suggest an answer