Automation trigger after 3 days when it's in stakeholder review

Dennis Kuiper February 12, 2021

Hey all,

I have a question regarding creating automation. On our board, we have the Stakeholder review and I want to automate it that when it's been in the stakeholder review for 3 days it sends a message to our slack channel so that we know we need to act upon it as a team. Is this possible? I have tried some ways but don't seem to get it.

Cheers,
Dennis

1 answer

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Alexis Robert
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 12, 2021

Hi @Dennis Kuiper , 

I would do a scheduled trigger (like, every hour or whatever works for you) and use this JQL for example : 

updated <= -3d

Then add the Slack message action to send a message to your channel.

I did something similar to send reminder to customers :

Screenshot 2021-02-12 at 15.02.52.png

Let me know if this helps, 

--Alexis

Dennis Kuiper February 12, 2021

Hey @Alexis Robert ,

Thank you so much for the fast response.

If I just add updated <= -3d it's going to do this for every step on the board if so can I specify it?

Once again thank you for the help and fast response.

Cheers
Dennis

Alexis Robert
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 12, 2021

Hi @Dennis Kuiper , 

if you need this only for a specific status, then you can add it to the JQL query : 

updated <= -3d and status = XXX

You just need to know what status is mapped to your board column. If you click on a ticket that is in this board, you'll be able to see its status.

Simmo
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 14, 2021

Hey @Dennis Kuiper,

@Alexis Robert is right on the money here! This is the correct approach to this issue. 

Cheers,

Simeon.

Like Alexis Robert likes this

Suggest an answer