Automation to set components fails

Alexander Güth September 13, 2022

Dear Jira community,

I am not able to run a automation to set a component to issues created via email-handler.

What I do is to set a specific default user for incoming issues via mail. Then my automation sets a component to every ticket which is having the reporter which I chose for issues from emails.

The problem which appears is, that after the component has been set automatically, this process is been undone right after. 

Does anyone have an idea where that comes from and how to fix it? There is no other automations which interfer.

Thanks in advance

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 13, 2022

Hi @Alexander Güth and welcome to the community,

What the history of any of that issue states? Can you post a screenshot here?

What about the rule audit log?

Hi Alex,

thanks for replying.

automation is undone.jpgautomation set component.jpg

Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 13, 2022

Can you also share what is on the "Edit" of your rule?

And in addition, fo to cog > system > global automation and see if there are any other rules running, except that specific one.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 13, 2022

Ok, but could you show us the history of the issue?

We want to see where the component gets added, and then where it gets removed.  (There is no "undo" in Jira, it is another change that puts the data back where it was)

@Alex Koxaras _Relational_ There is no other automation in the global automations.

@Nic Brough -Adaptavist- I added a screeedit issue.jpgissue field conditions.jpgnshot of the history in my last reply.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 13, 2022

Ah, sorry, yes, you did give us the history.  I didn't see it for some reason.

However, that is perfectly clear - you have an automation that is clearing the component after the one you have shown us has set it.  As Alex says, this could be a project or a global automation, but it definitely exists.

Yes now I see it, there is an old automation which has been modified.

Could have come to my mind, but thanks for your help guys!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events