Automation in Jira Dashboard

Robert Ericsson September 23, 2022

Hi! 

I would like to automate my jira dashboard so my cards/issues moves automatically in the kanban board when some information matches.

For example; when the date has expired and "field A" has a value this issue shall be moved to next column.

This might be really easy for an experienced Jira user but since I am not I would love to get som help on this one. Today I am moving my issues manually and I feel it just takes too much time.

Thank you in advance! 

Best,

Robert

2 answers

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 23, 2022

Hi Robert - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

If I understand you correctly, you should be able to create an automation rule with a trigger based on the field value of the date changing or create a scheduled trigger that runs each day and transitions the issue to another status if the date is returned from the JQL. 

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 28, 2023

Hi @Robert Ericsson  - Just checking on you since it has been a very long time. Did you ever get something done with this?

0 votes
Rilwan Ahmed
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 23, 2022

Hi @Robert Ericsson ,

Welcome to the community !!

Columns are based upon global statuses . They cannot be configured on based on other field values. 

To know more about columns, please go through https://support.atlassian.com/jira-software-cloud/docs/configure-columns/ 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events