'Automation for Jira'

katie.kurty June 1, 2021

In Jira Automation when I add a Component one of the options is 'Edit Issue'. When 'Edit Issue' is selected and select a field to set 'Automation for Jira' is an option in the dropdown. What does this field do?

Screen Shot 2021-06-01 at 4.29.03 PM.png

1 answer

1 vote
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 1, 2021

That is a user account used by automation for Jira so that it can run and execute rules. All actions within Jira require a user account so that is why apps use a user account to make changes.

katie.kurty June 2, 2021

So the user account would be set for that field if I select 'automation for Jira'?

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 2, 2021

Yes if you selected that user then it’s gonna show up as the Code reviewer. Though I doubt that’s what you really want?

katie.kurty June 2, 2021

Nope, not what I'm looking for :/
Thank you for your help!

Do you know if there is a way I can set up an automation for two Code Reviewers? I currently have our automation set up that a code reviewer will be auto assigned when the ticket is moved into the 'First Code Reviewer' swimlane and then assigned to a second code reviewer when the ticket is moved into the 'Second Code Reviewer' swimlane. 

I'm looking to have an automation set up so two code reviewers will be assigned to the ticket for review at the same time. Is that possible?

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events