Automation for Jira - sending emails

Daniel Davkovski November 11, 2020

Hi Atlassian community, 

I need some help in setting some Automation rules for sending emails. 

When sending an email, we want to include the information stored in specific custom fields. 

Mostly using values from : 

custom field name - Resolution (long text form field) customField ID - 10155

custom field name - Category (single choice select) customFieldID - 10385

I attempted to extract the information using those smart values, but it didn't work (email doesn't contain them): 

{{issue.fields.resolution}} followed with {{issue.fields.category}}

My question: What are the correct values I need to use to include this info in my emails? 

Thanks! 

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 11, 2020

Hi Daniel,

Trying using this:

{{issue.customfield_10155}}

{{issue.customfield_10385}}

Daniel Davkovski November 11, 2020

Works like a charm :) 

Thanks John! 

Like John Funk likes this
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 11, 2020

Great! Glad I could help. 

Sysad January 12, 2021

Hi @John Funk 

How do we insert linked issue keys in the email body while using jira automation plugin to send email?

Sysad January 12, 2021

Also @John Funk 

and I would like to send an email to an email id from a customfield called "customer email". So, in the TO field, how should I call this customer email id field?

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 12, 2021

To send to the email, use:

{{issue.customer email}} in the TO field. 

Be sure to click on the Add smart value: {{issue.customer email}} prompt that pops up and do not just click enter to try to select it. 

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 12, 2021

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events