Automation for Jira Report on SLAs

Claire Bilski
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 14, 2021

Hi there, 

I am trying to create an automation for Jira that sends a Slack message to our team with data on the Average Hr amounts coming from our SLAs and Reports/Dashboards. 

Is there a way to query on the project to report out on these:

# of Open Tickets (current month): {{openTickets}}

# of Closed Tickets (current month): {{closedTickets}}

Average Time to Resolution in a given week: {{ttR}}

Average Time to First Response in a given week: {{ttfR}}

1 answer

0 votes
Claire Bilski
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 14, 2021

Hey there, so I'm able to use Lookup Issues and both the .sum and .average smart list commands for the values above. I am just wondering how I can use more than one smart value that equals lookupIssues.. And also if Time to first response will work for the custom field value. 

Thanks team!

Screen Shot 2021-07-14 at 3.15.07 PM.png

Claire Bilski
Atlassian Team
July 14, 2021

Screen Shot 2021-07-14 at 3.27.24 PM.png

Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 14, 2021

Hi @Claire Bilski 

I am unclear what you mean by "use more than one smart value that equals lookupIssues".  You can use the Lookup Issues actions, do what you need, and then use it again with a new query.

Unfortunately, Lookup Issues only supports a limited number of issue fields: https://support.atlassian.com/jira-software-cloud/docs/automation-actions/#Automationactions-Lookupissues

There is at least one open suggestion to improve this, but it has moved to the dreaded Future Consideration status: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRACLOUD-75018

Given these constraints, I suspect that if JSD doesn't have the reporting you need, you will need to investigate reporting outside of Jira or check the marketplace for addons, such as dashboard gadgets, JQL extensions, or other report addons.

Best regards,
Bill

Like Claire Bilski likes this
Claire Bilski
Atlassian Team
July 14, 2021

Thanks @Bill Sheboy , that helps a lot! 

The other problem I'm having with Lookup Issues is getting it to return more that 100 issues. 

Say ~340. 

Anyways, I'll checkout what's available in marketplace.

Cheers,

Claire

Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 14, 2021

Yup, that 100 limit probably helps manage performance and leads to other issues.  One of the reasons I suggested checking on the dashboard is that some of the gadgets do not appear to be constrained by the 100 limit.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events