Automation for Jira 8.0.x doesn't work

Hello!

I installed Automation for Jira 8.0.2 on our Jira Software 8.7.0 server. The description of Automation for Jira says that it is free since version 8.0.0 and there is also one for Jira Server in the list of versions, and also Automation for Jira 8.0.2 is compatible with Jira Server 8.5.0 - 9.0.0 But after installation Automation for Jira does not work, I get a message that the license for the program was not found. At the same time, there is no "buy" button or "try" button, like for any other free or built-in program. Please, tell me what to do to make the Automation for Jira work!

I tried also to install 8.0.0 version - the same result.
Restarting the server doesn't help.

Thank you!

5 answers

1 vote
Daniel Bell July 26, 2022

I'm having the same problem, running Automation 8.0.0/8.0.2 on Jira Server 8.20.11. Installation is successful, but then an error is generated when I click "get started."

Screen Shot 2022-07-26 at 3.56.38 PM.png

Emre ŞAHİN August 4, 2022

I have the same problem, installed on Jira Server 8.13.3

Did anyone find a solution? Really need help.

Thanks.

Jorge September 22, 2022

Hi everyone!

Same problem here, I'm running Jira 8.20 data center and still ask for a license.

Thoughts?

1 vote
Igor Kolybaev July 18, 2022

I found out that Automation 8.0.x versions work correctly only with Data Center. With Jira Server they don't work correctly more, the rules cause errors, which means that Jira Server is simply not supported, despite the fact that it is indicated otherwise in the version list. Apparently, the mechanism of versions publishing has not been finalized yet. Accordingly, only previous versions of Automation, which are paid, can be used with Server, unless, of course, you can buy a license for them, because now the application is positioned as free.

mit August 1, 2022

Interesting, thank you for that clarification, so if someone would get his hands on a trial license this could work, right?

My problem is that I tried to upgrade to pro from lite. This did not work as stated in this thread, so I wanted to go back to lite but now all rules are broken.
image.png

0 votes
Jamie Hess March 10, 2023

Anyone have an update on this? I'm having the same problem.

0 votes
Txus
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 15, 2022

Hi!!!

In server if you install the last existing version of "Automation for Jira 7" (7.5.4) you can apply the corresponding license.
You can do it in "Administration > Manage Apps > User-installed Apps > Automation for Jira".
Once this is done you could upgrade Automation for Jira to the latest version (8.0.5).

I have tested with a purchased license, but it should be the same with a trial version.

0 votes
Carlos Garcia Navarro
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 12, 2022

Hi @Колыбаев Игорь Михайлович ,

Are you installing this app? https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1215460/automation-for-jira-data-center-and-server?tab=overview&hosting=datacenter

It should work for Jira Server 8.7.0:

Screen Shot 2022-07-12 at 10.47.50 PM.png

There is also a Support option in the marketplace for this app.

Igor Kolybaev July 12, 2022

Yes, that's what I installed.

Suggest an answer