Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Automation for JIra (Server) - Create Epics in Current Project - Manual Trigger

I want to make sure I am not just missing something. I have created this rule on cloud several times and now I am trying to do the same thing on server and failing to find the option under projects for (current project). 

My Goal: When manually triggered, make a set of epics and stories in the current project. The stories will have epic links to their appropriate epic. 

My Struggle: There is no option i can find under the project list for "current project" as there is in cloud. I need the project to be dynamic as this rule will be run on new projects to build them out whenever they are created, which is about 3-4 times a month, each time by a new user. 

My Question(s): Is there a "Project that rule was triggered from" option instead? Am I missing the "Current Project" listing in my huge list of projects? Can I use a JQL statement to mimic "Current project" and I am just not thinking of what that is at the moment?

1 answer

0 votes
Clark Everson Community Leader Aug 29, 2022

Hi @Malka Jackson _Isos Technology_ 

This is how we did it but I didn't make this rule I just knew it existed. So I hope this helps.

We are on Data Center

Screen Shot 2022-08-29 at 9.57.26 PM.png

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Atlassian Community Events