Automation - Use the Source of a Trigger to Populate Other Jira Objects

Joshua Burke June 18, 2021

Hello!

I am new to automation and didn't find a similar ask to this one on first glance.

I'm attempting to create an Automation Rule that will create multiple Issues when a new Version is created.  (I'm also using the Regular Expression filter on this trigger).

Trigger: New Version - RegEx: ^(Market Release)\b -(.{0,25})\b - (2021)\b$

I would like to create multiple issues based on the creation of this version and populate the newly created version in a Version Field on each issue.

Is it possible for me to reference the source trigger and perhaps use variables to do this?

1 answer

0 votes
Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 18, 2021

Hi @Joshua Burke 

This seems like a duplicate of your other question.  If so, please consider closing one of them to help focus the conversation.  Thanks!

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Software-questions/Automation-Use-the-Source-of-a-Trigger-to-Populate-Other-Jira/qaq-p/1729117

Best regards,

Bill

Joshua Burke June 18, 2021

Hey Bill, thank you...I clicked submit and it simply took me back to the submission form...I thought none of those requests went through.

Like Bill Sheboy likes this
Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 18, 2021

Yup...when the community site gets "laggy" I guess duplicates can be created.  :^)

Suggest an answer