Automation Rule in Jira

Jurica Petricevic
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 11, 2021

Hello community,

I have the following problem.

During the transition from open to status in progress, three subtasks are created.

What is needed now is that when these three subtasks go for status "not relevant" or "in realization " to send an email to the system administrator. Crucial is "OR" function because one of the 3 subtasks can have both positive and negative status.

Has anyone had a similar problem?

1 answer

1 accepted

4 votes
Answer accepted
Tansu Akdeniz
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 12, 2021

Hi @Jurica Petricevic 

Sample automation may guide you.

automation.png

Trigger the rule when subtask is transitioned. Then check other subtask statuses via JQL. If it matches, send an e-mail.

Hope it helps.

Jurica Petricevic
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 12, 2021

Thanks for your help @Tansu Akdeniz  very useful. The problem now is that I get 3 Emails, for each answer separately and I would like to get one email when all 3 subtasks are completed or come to one of these two statuses.

Do you have any idea how to solve this?

Tansu Akdeniz
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 12, 2021

You are right. Send e-mail action should be within the branch. Attaching the new one.

automation 2.png

Like John Funk likes this
Jurica Petricevic
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 12, 2021

I succeed. thank you very much @Tansu Akdeniz 

Like John Funk likes this
Tansu Akdeniz
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 12, 2021

You are welcome !!

Suggest an answer