Automation Rule - Send email adds reporter to the Send Email action

Yatish Madhav
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 17, 2022

HI

See image - we have a few automation rules that have the Send Email action to send when specific issues are created. We set between 1 and 4 users in the To and CC fields. Today we set the reporter of the account to one of my accounts and I noticed that all send email actions add me to the To of the emails.

How can I removed myself from the To list of recipients?

Screenshot from 2022-08-17 21-55-34.png

Thank you
Yatish

2 answers

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 17, 2022

Hi Yatish,

What is your relationship to the issue? Are you the Reporter? Or one of the others in the To or CC? 

Also, there is no image shown. 

Yatish Madhav
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 17, 2022

Hope you well. A Jira account I manage has become the reporter of the issue as the issue is created via API (also meaning most likely the previous user was getting the emails too)

Thanks @John Funk - I have updated the OP.

As you can see, alaskowski@ is the recipient of the email sent. But when a ticket is created it sends to alaskowski and the account used that is set as reporter

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 18, 2022

Hmm, are you maybe the Project Lead for the project, too? I would look at the Notification Scheme to see who all is notified on Create Issue. And if it has Reporter there, you might take that out of the Notification Scheme. 

Yatish Madhav
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 18, 2022

Didnt think of that. But the email is the email that is sent from the automation rule, not a notification of anytype.

Ie. from the image above, the body of the email starts with Review ... and lists those 3 items.

And my account is simple appended to the To of the email. So I dont think it is the notifications unless I need to find something specific?

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 18, 2022

So the rule only has one email address in the To: portion. But you get a copy of the exact same email also, even though your email address is not in the rule at all? 

If that is the case, it sounds like your local server might be forwarding a copy. If that's not the case, you should contact Atlassian to see what is happening.

https://support.atlassian.com/contact/#/

0 votes
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 17, 2022

Hello @Yatish Madhav 

There is no image attached to your post.

Yatish Madhav
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 18, 2022

Thanks - I did update the OP

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events