Automation Question

larias December 2, 2020

Is it possible to create an automation rule to edit an issue from a project in Jira software to an issue in a service management project.  I like to be able to edit the status of an issue in the service management system when the status changes in the Jira software project. example when an issue is transition to "In Progress" in Jira software, I like to transition the status of the same issue in the service management project.  Thanks.  

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Hana Kučerová
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 2, 2020

Hi @larias ,

yes, this is possible, but you need to have some sort of connection between these two issues to be able locate the target issue. Are your issues linked together? Usually issue links "causes"/"is caused" are used in this situation.

larias December 3, 2020

Hi Hana - That's great.  I do have an "is caused" link in my ticketing system to the issue in my Jira software issue.  Does the status automatically get updated or do I have to create a rule to do this?  I appreciate your help.

Hana Kučerová
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 3, 2020

Hi @larias ,

you need to create a rule for this, you can find a nice example of configuration here in the accepted answer.

Please try to configure it and if something is not clear / working, don't hesitate to contact me.

larias December 4, 2020

Hi Hana - Thank you for the example, I was able to create a rule to achieve the desired outcome. Much appreciated!! 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events