Automation: Missing trigger in dropdown menu for Epic Link

Elektro Russ Admin June 1, 2022

Hello community,

for my project I need an automation which automatically creates a story when an epic is created. The story should be linked to the epic with the epic link.

Unfortunately, the trigger is missing and i cannot open the dropdown menu for the epic link to choose the trigger "copy from trigger issue". Additionally, below the field is an alert in red which says: "The selection could not be retrieved. Please refresh the page and try again."

We´ve tried it alot and nothing changed - it´s still not working.

Many thanks to the community and looking forward for some help.

Screenshot 2022-06-01 160740.png

2 answers

1 accepted

4 votes
Answer accepted
Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 1, 2022

Hi @Elektro Russ Admin -- Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

If I understand your question...

• when you create an epic
  • you want the rule to run and create a story
  • which is then linked to the triggering epic with Epic Link

To do that when creating the story, type in the following smart value for the Epic Link field:

{{triggerIssue.key}}

That will appear below the field, and then you may select it so it is used to populate the Epic Link.

Kind regards,
Bill

Elektro Russ Admin June 1, 2022

Hello @Bill Sheboy 

many thanks, it worked with the smart value for the epic link.

We´re still wondering why it wasn´t working, because yesterday it worked perfectly and as you can see in the screenshot, for the other two fields it is still working.

Maybe it´s a bug in the software?

Greetings,
Elektro Russ Admin

Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 1, 2022

To diagnose that please take a look in the rule's audit log, comparing when the rule worked and when it did not.  That may reveal either rule changes or issue changes, and give you some example Jira issues to compare.

Like Elektro Russ Admin likes this
1 vote
Garrett McCreery
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 1, 2022

Hi @Elektro Russ Admin  welcome to the community!

If you are able to type in the field, you should use a smart value...

{{issue.key}}

This should work for you!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events