Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Celebration

Earn badges and make progress

You're on your way to the next level! Join the Kudos program to earn points and save your progress.

Deleted user Avatar
Deleted user

Level 1: Seed

25 / 150 points

Next: Root

1 badge earned

Collect

Participate in fun challenges

Challenges come and go, but your rewards stay with you. Do more to earn more!

Challenges
Coins

Gift kudos to your peers

What goes around comes around! Share the love by gifting kudos to your peers.

Recognition
Ribbon

Rise up in the ranks

Keep earning points to reach the top of the leaderboard. It resets every quarter so you always have a chance!

Leaderboard

Automation - Link issue with manual trigger

Edited

Hello,

I am encountering some issues trying to create the following behavior using Automation:

Context: 

I have a project A with tickets A-1, A-2.

I create a release/version named "v1" which contains ticket A-1, A-2.

I have a project B with no tickets.

I want to create a button which create ticket in project B, and link the created ticket to all the tickets in the same release of the ticket A-1.

Basically this behavior is for managing the Change Advisory Board process so the all the release's tickets of project A are linked to one ticket in the project B which will handle the Change Advisory Board process.

Expected result: Ticket B-1 created, and linked to A-1 and A-2.

What i tried to do :

• Trigger: manual trigger (for having the button in the ticket view scree)
  • Checking if there's no ticket already created in the project B
  • Creating the ticket B and filling field F1 with project's A name and field F2 with the name of the release of the ticket from which i clicked on the button to trigger the rule)
  • Branch rule : for last created ticket : add a comment

Until this step, everything works as expected

• Branch rule: for tickets fixed in version
  • Link to last created ticket

I attachedAutomation release link.png the screenshots of my rule, which are in french (all apologies)

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Mark Segall
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
Oct 04, 2023

Hi @Antoine B - Because you're dealing with two projects, the Project Scope in the rule detail needs to be set to multiple projects.  You need to be a Jira Administrator to change project scope (System >> Global Automation)

Hello Mark,

Thank you for your quick answer.

I checked and my rule is defined in All project scope. 

The logs are saying the following (traduced from french, sorry if not accurate) :

Unable to create a rule branch because this option requires one of few tickets as context. The trigger you ar eprobably using is not related to the version. Creating a version doesn"t place is as context, you have to directly add it a branch component.

But i don't really understand what i need to do to fix it.

Mark Segall
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
Oct 04, 2023

Thanks for the added detail.  I think the problem is that the branch for version is based upon rules that have a version-based trigger.  Instead of branching based upon trigger, I would perform a JQL branch similar to your first condition.

Like Bill Sheboy likes this

Thanks Mark, i changed my branch for JQL search and it worked.

That makes:

For JQL Search : project = F1 and release = F2

Link to : last created ticket

Like Mark Segall likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events