Automation Help

JD Lobue December 29, 2021

Wanting to create automation to move a card to a status once a Pull Request has been merged. We are using GitHub for our PRs and they are being displayed in Jira as the Development field. Has anyone any knowledge on how to make this work?

1 answer

2 votes
Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 29, 2021
JD Lobue December 30, 2021

Thank you for this Bill. How do I connect to Git? The pull request merged rule trigger states that it needs no configuration. Thanks

2021-12-30 10_06_52-Automation - SSB Jira.png

Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 30, 2021
JD Lobue January 1, 2022

We have developmental tools connected to Jira using Git. What I am not seeing is how to connect my merged pull request in the automation. It is not showing like your example.

2021-12-30 10_06_52-Automation - SSB Jira.png2022-01-01 12_40_28 - Jira.png2022-01-01 12_45_21-Automation Playground _ Atlassian.png

Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 3, 2022

Using the left-side panel, please check project settings > developer tools to learn if you have the tools connected to your Jira project.  Once that is done the rule should work as shown in the documentation.  Thanks!

JD Lobue January 3, 2022

yes, we have developer tools turned on for the following:

Smart Commit producer
View branches
Create and view pull requests
View commits
View builds
View deployments

Yet, I do not have the ability to configure Git in the automation
Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 3, 2022

If everything is connected up then something else is wrong.  I recommend creating a ticket with Atlassian support as they may see something in their logs that we are missing.  You should be able to do that here as you are site admin for a paid license: https://support.atlassian.com/contact/#/

Once you hear back from them, please post what you learn to benefit the community.  Thanks!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events