Automatically add criteria to all Epic related issues to filter on the roadmap

VILLARD August 9, 2022

Hello all,

Based on this discussion, I'm trying to populate the Labels fields of each Story, Task, Bug and also SubTasks.

So, I used this rule :

• When: value changes for (labels field named:) Population Epic
  • For Stories (or other issues in Epic)
    • Then: Edit issue fields (labels field named:)
      • Population Task
      • Population Story
      • Population Bug
      • Population Subtask

So this works just fine ! Each issue type have a label field named "Population 'issue type'"

When I change the label on my epics, it changes the labels on my all child issues.

But on the roadmap tab, the label is not considered by the system because the label field I used is not the Labels field initially created by JIRA. So I can't filter on roadmap tab on labels

If I create a new project, I can not populate the field on issues because I can not select it on "edit issue fields".

My initial goal was to filter my epics by the population involved. So I could take a look on my roadmap regarding the population involved.

It was to not have to create a project by population and create a plan to get Legend regrouping my epics... (at the moment I don't get the right to do that, because it needs grants from administrator)

Is there a way to automatically add criteria to all Epic related issues to filter on the roadmap?

Regardless, the fact that I have strictly the same content in labels on my epics and issues.

1 answer

0 votes
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 11, 2022

Hello @Louis VILLARD 

Welcome to the community.

What is the Subscription level for your Jira instance - Free, Standard, Premium, or Enterprise?

With Free and Standard you would have access only to the basic Roadmaps feature. The filtering options for that are limited, as described here:

https://support.atlassian.com/jira-software-cloud/docs/customize-your-view-on-the-roadmap/

If you want more sophisticated filtering based on custom fields or other fields of your choice you would need to upgrade your subscription to Premium to get access to the Advanced Roadmaps feature that allows more custom filtering.

You can get a high level comparison of the functionality of the two levels of Roadmap here:

https://www.atlassian.com/software/jira/features/roadmaps?tab=basic

Suggest an answer