Automatic CLONE to different Project Kanban boards

Christopher Rampola June 22, 2021

I've created an automation in Project A to create a clone ticket in Project B

In my automation in Project A, I wanted to assign components in the CLONE ticket but the components are available in Project B only. I've created the same components C & D from Project B to Project A.

In Project B, they have 3 Kanban Boards and component C & D is equivalent to Kanban boards C & D.

How do I make my automation to CLONE the ticket in Project B, Component C/Kanban C board only? It's currently showing in both Kanban boards C & D.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 22, 2021

Boards will display issues that are within the scope of their filter. If the cloned issue is showing in multiple boards, then it is matching the criteria for both boards.

What are the filters for boards Kanban C and Kanban D? 

Can you show us the automation you have created so far?

Kanban C & Kanban D have the same filters

Automation created in Project A to clone in Project B:

Automation Project A to B.jpg 

Automation Clone issue to Project B:

CLONE issue.jpg

Component/Kanban C & D Filters:

Component C and D filters.jpg

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 22, 2021

Perhaps I was unclear when I asked about the filters for Kanban C and Kanban D.

I am referring to the filter that the board uses to select issues it will display. This is the filter that displays for the board under Board Settings > General > Filter Query.

If the new issues are showing up on both boards, then the new issues are with scope of both of those filters. If you want the issues to show up on only one board, then the filters for the boards must be different and the data in the issues must be differentiated so that the filters will segregate the data between the two boards.

I found it and both boards have the same filter. I'll make some changes in the filters. Thanks!

Suggest an answer