Auto mail per week logged in hours

Nathan Almaleh December 8, 2020

I am looking to get a mail from Jira every week with my log in hours.

can this be done?

if so how?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 8, 2020

Hello @Nathan Almaleh 

Welcome to the community.

What are you looking for in the content of the email?

- total time logged by you in the week across all issue

- list of issues with just the time logged by you

- ??

Does your JIRA instance have an apps added to it, or is your organization open to adding apps?

It is possible to create a Saved Filter and then Subscribe to the filter to have it run and email you on a scheduled basis. However, natively, JIRA Cloud does not provide a way to find time logged by a specific individual in a specific time frame and report on just that data.

In our instance we have installed the app Worklogs - Time tracking and reports . With this app I was able to create a dashboard and add a gadget that reports on the time logged per user each week. The gadget is based on a filter, and there are options for how to group the output.

Nathan Almaleh December 9, 2020

I am looking to get a mail representing my log hours just by me.
I don't have any app or extension on my chrome for this request.

I was wondering if this can be done in my personal settings?

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 9, 2020

@Nathan Almaleh 

The app/add-on would be for JIRA, not for your browser.

Without an app/add-on you cannot get from JIRA a report of the time logged by only a specific user for a specified time period.

You could get a report of the total time logged on issues, for issues where some time was logged during the specified time period. However, this total time logged for the issue would also include any time logged by another user and any time logged outside of the specified time period, if such data was present on those issues.

This is the filter that would give you all the issues against which you logged time since the start of the week.

worklogAuthor=currentuser() and worklogdate>=startOfWeek()

You could change the display option for the filter output to Columns, add the Time Spent column, and save the filter. You could then subscribe to the filter, and it would email the output to you.

However, as I said the Time Spent would be all the time logged against the issue, including time logged by others and time logged prior to the current week.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events