Auto flow of idea's description to delivery.

Krishna Kumar Jain
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 13, 2024

We have created multiple ideas and have marked the product tags with them. Now we are tagging delivery against each idea. There are multiple delivery in one idea. So my question is how can we auto flow the idea’s description in the delivery when we are creating delivery against the idea?

1 answer

0 votes
Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 14, 2024

Hi @Krishna Kumar Jain and welcome to the Community!

A lot depends on what you mean by tagging this and tagging that.

The best way to connect an idea (from Jira Product Discovery, I assume) to delivery work, is to create Epics in Jira Software which are directly linked (via an issue link) to the original idea.

Doing so will normally eliminate the need to copy over the idea's description into the delivery epics. These epics should have their own description, explaining what goals are to be obtained. These goals will be different than the original idea, 90% of the time. As linked issues are visible on the epic, you will be able to see what idea they came from and - with a single click - people who want to see the details of the idea can open the issue and read up on the background. But usually, delivery teams may find it interesting to check on the context if necessary, but will be more interested in their daily operations to read up on what they need to do.

If you still want to copy over data from the idea to the epic, you can do so with an automation rule. Linking the epics to an idea is an event that you can use as a trigger for automation to copy fields between linked issues. 

Hope this helps!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events