Auto create fixversions based on Epic

Collin Bischoff May 17, 2022

Is it possible to automate the creation of fixversion's using information from a projects Epic's?  

We would like to be use a dashboard gadget to show when a task or sub-task issue moves into specific workflow buckets.  (Waiting On..., Blocked)  The gadget allows us to match tasks and sub-tasks based on fixversion and not the parent Epic.  

To reduce the manual process of creating fixversion's I was hoping there was a way to accomplish this using automation.

1 answer

0 votes
Stefan Salzl
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 17, 2022

Hi @Collin Bischoff — welcome to the community,

I‘m sorry but I couldn‘t really follow your explanation. What exactly would you like to achieve? How does the whole use case looks like? What would be the entry point/trigger action?

In general I guess this might be possible though not with native A4J components. I did a quick search and found that the Jira API is capable of.
So as far as there is a clear trigger an automation rule could be executed that fires an API call to create a new version.

see following link:
https://developer.atlassian.com/cloud/jira/platform/rest/v3/api-group-project-versions/#api-rest-api-3-version-post

Hope this could give some helpful input towards a solution for your requirement.

Best
Stefan

Stefan Salzl
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 6, 2022

Hi @Collin Bischoff 

any updates regarding this issue? Please consider to accept the answer in case your problem could be solved.

Best
Stefan

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events