Auto Sub-task Creation based on the below scenario

Prasad Andrews August 3, 2017

Exemplary Use Case:

Issue Type - XYZ I have a BP ID field. "If by mistake anyone creates the Main ticket instead of a subtask, the new ticket which is created should automatically get added as a Sub-task under the existing Main ticket with the same bp id".

For example -

I have created the issue WC-2213 with BP ID 88
instead of the subtask, I have raised another issue WC-2214 with the same bp id.
Manually go to More >> Convert to a Subtask we can convert the subtask and linked to WC-2213.

But my product team won't do manually so when they created the issue with same BP ID then it will automatically convert to a subtask.

Is it possible with the script Runner Add-On?

If yes then please give me a solution......

Appreciate your quick response....

BR,

Andy

1 answer

0 votes
Henning Tietgens
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 3, 2017

Hi,

this should be possible by creating a scripted listener who listens on create events (if this is the only situation where this should happen). This listener should check if there is another issue with the same project, issue type and BP ID and if yes convert the issue to a subtask of this issue (and maybe convert other issues found with the same BP ID?).

For converting issues to subtask take a look at com.atlassian.jira.web.action.issue.ConvertIssueToSubTask and com.atlassian.jira.bc.subtask.conversion.DefaultIssueToSubTaskConversionService.

Henning

Suggest an answer