Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Authorize Jira account at Upwork: Malformed JIRA response

Hey,

I have a problem authorizing my Jira account at upwork. It shows up a dialog with error: Malformed JIRA response. Could you please give me any idea what I can do wrong? Thanks. 

3 answers

@oleg grafov , @Hemanshu Sood 

Please use token from Jira instead of Jira account Password for integration with Upwork. It works for me.

Thanks

Thanks @Isha Handa , it worked for me as you said. 
a follow up query, how does the integration work? does the creation of a Ticket in Jira trigger a job creation in Upwork or viceversa? or the assignment of a ticket in Jira does that?

Thank you @Isha Handa ,

This solution helped me and my Team as well.

For people who experienced the same issue - here is the link from where you can create your own token for authorization : https://id.atlassian.com/manage/api-tokens

I am glad that it works for you @Hemanshu Sood @Cloppi 

@Hemanshu Sood , This integration used to track time logged per ticket in Jira. When you create a ticket in Jira, it will automatically create new activity for the Job on Upwork. And users use this activity in Upwork meter to track time.

I am unable to get this to work. I created an API token and used it as the password. We are using Jira Cloud, so our URL is mycompany.atlassian.net/

Does anyone have any suggestions? Thank you!

@oleg grafov , did you get any response?

using of a token worked for me. Thanks @Isha Handa 

What if I'm using Jira Server? 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira Software

How to create Jira issus from Excel file?

When to use CSV importer When managing your processes in Jira, there are many occasions where you need to create a lot of tasks. Creating them one by one will cost you a lot of time and effort and i...

4,469 views 22 32
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you