Authorize Jira account at Upwork: Malformed JIRA response

oleg grafov May 4, 2019

Hey,

I have a problem authorizing my Jira account at upwork. It shows up a dialog with error: Malformed JIRA response. Could you please give me any idea what I can do wrong? Thanks. 

3 answers

2 votes
Isha Handa June 24, 2019

@oleg grafov , @Hemanshu Sood 

Please use token from Jira instead of Jira account Password for integration with Upwork. It works for me.

Thanks

Hemanshu Sood June 25, 2019

Thanks @Isha Handa , it worked for me as you said. 
a follow up query, how does the integration work? does the creation of a Ticket in Jira trigger a job creation in Upwork or viceversa? or the assignment of a ticket in Jira does that?

Cloppi June 25, 2019

Thank you @Isha Handa ,

This solution helped me and my Team as well.

For people who experienced the same issue - here is the link from where you can create your own token for authorization : https://id.atlassian.com/manage/api-tokens

Isha Handa June 26, 2019

I am glad that it works for you @Hemanshu Sood @Cloppi 

@Hemanshu Sood , This integration used to track time logged per ticket in Jira. When you create a ticket in Jira, it will automatically create new activity for the Job on Upwork. And users use this activity in Upwork meter to track time.

Ryan Buono January 15, 2020

I am unable to get this to work. I created an API token and used it as the password. We are using Jira Cloud, so our URL is mycompany.atlassian.net/

Does anyone have any suggestions? Thank you!

0 votes
bolein95 December 9, 2019

What if I'm using Jira Server? 

0 votes
Hemanshu Sood June 24, 2019

@oleg grafov , did you get any response?

Oleg Grafov July 15, 2019

using of a token worked for me. Thanks @Isha Handa 

Suggest an answer