Authentication methods options missing - SAML

Chris Uggen May 12, 2021

We are upgrading to Jira 8.16.1  When I go to Authentication Methods to add a SAML configuration, the only option I'm present with is Crowd single sign-on.  Based on this article (https://confluence.atlassian.com/enterprise/using-multiple-identity-providers-1044779993.html)  SAML should be an option in the drop down.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Sagar
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 12, 2021

Hi @Chris Uggen Please check you jira-software license type if it a server license then you can only see Crowd in the SSO option as SAML and Open ID connect options are only available for the applications having data center license.

Check your license type :

https://<jira-base-url>/plugins/servlet/applications/versions-licenses.

We have test instance where we are using the server license and I can see only below option, but for our prod instance we have data center license we can see all available options, plugins is available on for Server and Datacenter type but functionality is differ based on the license type.

As Atlassian no longer have any server specific licenses after Feb 2021 all new license type are either for Cloud or Datacenter for all Trial, Commercial licenses.

Please find the below screenshot for more information

Capture 2021-05-13 at 9.11.27.pngCapture 2021-05-13 at 9.09.42.png

Capture 2021-05-13 at 9.18.06.png

You can try updating license on your staging/test instance to confirm this.

Let me know in case of any issues.

0 votes
Prakash Kumar May 12, 2021

Hey @Chris Uggen

Welcome to Atlassian Community. This is Prakash from miniOrange

Yes, Atlassian by default supports Single Sing-on on the Data Center version. In case you're using the server version then you can use miniOrange SSO apps provided by miniOrange which supports both SAML / OAuth / OpenId along with JIT Provisioning. 

We provide some advanced functionalities while our SSO. Click here to view advanced features.

Please reach out to miniOrange at atlassiansupport@xecurify.com or prakash@xecurify.com.

Kind regards,

Prakash 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
VERSION
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events