Audit log capacity

Naveen kumar May 31, 2021

Hi Guys,

we have recently upgraded our jira from v8.5 to v8.13 . Post upgrading we are getting the error like Audit log capacity error under troubleshooting tab.

Please help me in fixing the error and do want to know why this error came post upgrading and im new to jira 

1 answer

0 votes
Fazila Ashraf
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 1, 2021

Hi @Naveen kumar 

Refer to https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/health-check-audit-log-capacity-1004953466.html for the details on each specific audit log capacity related health check messages and their solutions

Naveen kumar June 1, 2021

may i know why this error came post upgrading and not before upgrading  

I have checked this link already , is there are any direct steps to fix it from instance end itself  ? if yes please update me 

Hi @Fazila Ashraf i have found how to set the retention period , but i made the changes from 10 yrs to 5 yrs still the issue has not cleared . can you tell me the exact path to find the audit log file present in server ? or is there a way to take up the backup of the audit log so that i can minimize the retention period to 3 yrs and also have the backup 

im using jira server . Appreciate the help 

Fazila Ashraf
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 1, 2021

@Naveen kumar  , you havent given the exact error that you had received. 

I am not sure whether it is related to upgrade or not.

I dont think audit log here is a file but are entries in database.

I would also recommend you to review the coverage level, increase the hard capacity limit and also backup from the database as mentioned in the article highlighted.

Naveen kumar June 2, 2021

Hi @Fazila Ashraf  

I dont think audit log here is a file but are entries in database. = which means there will be no file existing in the server side . the reason im asking this is to take a backup and set the retention level to 3 years .

Naveen kumar June 2, 2021

Hi @Fazila Ashraf  We have reduced the retention period to 3 years , still the audit log capacity error shows up . Kindly help 

Naveen kumar June 3, 2021

Hi @Fazila Ashraf we have checked the DB and the DB is set to unlimited , but still we face the issue any help please

Suggest an answer