Attaching multiple images in a comment often only attaches one

Jay Walker October 27, 2021

I've had this issue for over a year. When I drag multiple images to attach to a comment, only one image will be attached the first time I try that. I have to then delete the image, and retry with multiple images, which may or may not work, but often does. Why can't I attach multiple images straight away?

Sidenote: I wouldn't have to edit a comment, attach images, and save it again if I could attach images while commenting on marking a ticket DONE.

1 answer

0 votes
Owen Wallis
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 27, 2021

Hi @Jay Walker 

Do the files have anything odd about them? Same filename? Large filesize? Mix of filetypes?

I just tried with 3x4mb jpgs and worked as expected (i.e. added them to the body of the comment).

You're using the new Jira issue view in Cloud right?

Jay Walker October 29, 2021

Thanks Owen! They are all small png files.. nothing special about them. Just to confirm the steps:

- Mark a ticket as DONE and enter a comment

- Edit the comment

- Drag and drop 3 small png files to the bottom of the comment

- Result: Only one of the 3 images is attached

- Delete image, drag the 3 images again

- Result: The 3 images are now included in the comment

- Hit Save

Owen Wallis
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 2, 2021

I think you've found a genuine bug! I can reproduce on my side. Let me talk to the Jira team about this.

Norbert Fragner March 14, 2022

Hi @Owen Wallis , we have the same problem. Could you resolve the issue? Is there any open issue at Atlassian?

Owen Wallis
Atlassian Team
March 16, 2022

Hi @Norbert Fragner I'm trying to recreate the issue following the steps above. Works fine for me though.

Happy to chat to figure out what is not working for you, https://calendly.com/owallis

Or if timezones don't work could you write down your steps to recreate the issue?

Norbert Fragner March 17, 2022

Hi @Owen Wallis , thanks for your answer. I do not have this problem myself. We have one user noticing this problem. But not each time he is uploading multiple images. And we do not have any other user with the same problem. So we think it's more a problem on a local computer setting. I just wanted to know if there was a bug, because you mentioned a genuine bug in your comment before.

Owen Wallis
Atlassian Team
March 21, 2022

@Norbert Fragner ok thanks, one thing your user could check is how long they are leaving the ticket open before adding files. There can be issues if tickets are left open for a long time (i.e. many many hours!)

Jay Walker March 21, 2022

@Owen Wallis fyi I have not seen any change to this behavior since I opened up this ticket.. this is always as soon as I create a ticket, whenever I drag multiple image files, only one is attached initially, and I have to delete it and drag the multiple files again for all of them to be included.

Owen Wallis
Atlassian Team
March 22, 2022

@Jay Walker strange, just to check there aren't any admin setting limiting the amount of attachments that can be added to a ticket?

Where are you creating the ticket from? The backlog, when you are on an issue view etc?

Jay Walker March 22, 2022

@Owen Wallis Seems fixed when I checked today! I will let you know if I see the issue again. Thanks for helping out!!

Jay Walker March 24, 2022

@Owen Wallis Sorry Owen must have been a fluke. I still see the issue. I can see if there are restrictions to the amount of attachments I can add although it's strange I would even be able to attach multiple images if that were the case. I am going into an existing ticket (I assume this is issue view), creating a new comment on the bottom of the ticket, dragging small image files. Let me know if you need more info!

Owen Wallis
Atlassian Team
March 27, 2022

@Jay Walker if timezones work would be great to chat and figure out the issue together https://calendly.com/owallis

Gerry Burtenshaw October 18, 2022

I just ran into this issue using Jira for the first time. Can provide video
Basically, I have 4 screen grabs I want to attach to a comment but it only adds the one regardless if I drag and drop from finder or select them. We are using the hosted subscription version.

Owen Wallis
Atlassian Team
November 13, 2022

@Gerry Burtenshaw sorry for the delay. If you remember were all the images using the same filename?

Jeffery Hall
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
February 21, 2024

Just an FYI. I am having this issue Feb 2024. When I add more than one image, it just replaces the previous one, will only allow one at a time. (Using Cloud version.)

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events