Atlassian bit-bucket 5.5 integration work with Jira 7.7 and appLink 5.4.1

Omprakash Thamsetty
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 28, 2018

Hi,

I am reviewing following Application Link to upgrade my all Atlassian products.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/applinks/application-links-version-matrix-779174762.html

so I am looking Bit-Bucket 5.5 and 5.4 versions only support with AppLink 5.4.1 and Jira 7.7 but I am looking to for Bit-Bucket 5.7 version. Does anyone know it works with AppLinks 5.4.1 and can be integrate with Jira 7.7 version?

Thanks,

Om

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 6, 2018

Hi,

You should be able to create an applink between Jira 7.7.x and Bitbucket 5.7.   Even if these two applications are using different versions of the applinks package, that does not necessarily mean there will be problems creating these links.

That page does try to clarify this:

You can link between products that bundle different versions of the Application Links plugin, except as indicated below.

So these minor differences in applink packages are usually fine to use together.  Where we tend to see problems is when trying to link a modern version of one application like Jira 7.7.x, with an older version of another app, say Confluence 5.2.x for example.   We do not expect that applink to be able to be created in that example case because Confluence in that version is using a much old applinks 4.0 version that is known to not be compatible with applink 5.x versions and higher.

Omprakash Thamsetty
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 6, 2018

Thanks Andrew. It helps for me.

Suggest an answer