Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Atlassian Jira cloud features

Hi Team,

I am new to Atlassian and my organization is trying Atlassian cloud trail license. If we found the following the following features we purchase Atlassian cloud License.

I have some doubts regarding Atlassian cloud feature. These features are available in Atlassian Cloud, Could you please help on this?

External user directories??
Just-in-time provisioning??
SAML single sign-on??
Clustering??
Zero-downtime upgrades??
Cluster monitoring??
Advanced auditing??
AWS Quick Start??
Azure template??

For reference: I taken this features from below URL

https://confluence.atlassian.com/enterprise/jira-server-and-data-center-feature-comparison-953651628.html

2 answers

1 vote

Most of the things on that list are irrelevant to Cloud usage.  It is software-as-a-service, so you do not need to know or care about things like clustering, user directories or hosting.

The only thing that does matter to you is how users are provisioned.  Cloud uses Atlassian accounts, Google accounts, or Atlassian Access which does allow you to use your own user directories.

0 votes
Gaurav Community Leader Dec 13, 2021

Hello @sattar baig 

The feature set which you are looking at compares the Data Centre offering to the Server offering. The server offering has been retired and no longer available.

The Jira cloud features with pricing can be referenced here.

Feel free to revert if you have further queries about this.

Hi Gaurav,

Are you saying External directories, Just in time provisioning, SAML SSO. We need Atlassian access, Atlassian account where user can access cloud account

Clustering, zero downtime upgrade, cluster monitoring, Advanced auditing, AWS quick start, Azure template these features are not available for Atlassian cloud?

Again, you don't care about Clustinerg, zero downtime and so-on on Cloud. 

It is utterly irrelevant to your usage, as you are buying a service, not running it yourself.

Yes, Gaurav is saying you may want to use Atlassian Access.  You will need to if you want to use SAML SSO.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira Software

👋 Looking for 15-20 volunteers to test Atlassian training content

Hi everyone! Are you interested in beta testing Atlassian University’s newest (unreleased!) training course? We’re looking for 15-20 volunteers to test our newest training course, Basic reporting...

816 views 24 28
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you