Atlassian Jira cloud features

sattar baig December 13, 2021

Hi Team,

I am new to Atlassian and my organization is trying Atlassian cloud trail license. If we found the following the following features we purchase Atlassian cloud License.

I have some doubts regarding Atlassian cloud feature. These features are available in Atlassian Cloud, Could you please help on this?

External user directories??
Just-in-time provisioning??
SAML single sign-on??
Clustering??
Zero-downtime upgrades??
Cluster monitoring??
Advanced auditing??
AWS Quick Start??
Azure template??

For reference: I taken this features from below URL

https://confluence.atlassian.com/enterprise/jira-server-and-data-center-feature-comparison-953651628.html

2 answers

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 13, 2021

Most of the things on that list are irrelevant to Cloud usage.  It is software-as-a-service, so you do not need to know or care about things like clustering, user directories or hosting.

The only thing that does matter to you is how users are provisioned.  Cloud uses Atlassian accounts, Google accounts, or Atlassian Access which does allow you to use your own user directories.

0 votes
Gaurav
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 13, 2021

Hello @sattar baig 

The feature set which you are looking at compares the Data Centre offering to the Server offering. The server offering has been retired and no longer available.

The Jira cloud features with pricing can be referenced here.

Feel free to revert if you have further queries about this.

sattar baig December 13, 2021

Hi Gaurav,

Are you saying External directories, Just in time provisioning, SAML SSO. We need Atlassian access, Atlassian account where user can access cloud account

Clustering, zero downtime upgrade, cluster monitoring, Advanced auditing, AWS quick start, Azure template these features are not available for Atlassian cloud?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 13, 2021

Again, you don't care about Clustinerg, zero downtime and so-on on Cloud. 

It is utterly irrelevant to your usage, as you are buying a service, not running it yourself.

Yes, Gaurav is saying you may want to use Atlassian Access.  You will need to if you want to use SAML SSO.

Suggest an answer