Assigning testing of ticket to someone other than the owner

John Salib December 15, 2022

Currently our team is lacking QA.
For that each developer will test the other developer's tickets.
I need to create an automation to will assign the ticket to someone else other than the person who worked on it when it moved from IN-REVIEW to READY-FOR-TEST

I couldn't create a dynamic list to assign the issue.

Could you please help me?

Thanks a lot in advance.

1 answer

1 vote
Marta Woźniak-Semeniuk
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 15, 2022

Hey @John Salib 

You can use automation to do this - see print screen below
This way you can create a list of people who JIRA will choose from, you can choose if it will be balanced, or random and you can restrict that this can't be current assignee using JQL :) 

ass.png

you can restrict that this can't be current assignee using JQL :)

Would you please help me specify that in JQL?

BTW, I already reached that far on my own, but I could't do the JQL part to specify the current assign not to be part of the `User list`. Because `User list` is static.

Marta Woźniak-Semeniuk
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 15, 2022

Okay, so this is what I would call an ugly code if I was a coder, but it should work so ;) 

Try making it kind of a loop - assign to a member of the group and add a Check if the current assignee matches previous one, the rule will be executed again until it gets assigned to someone else.

I went through Community and documentation and I did not find a more elegant way. 

2022-12-15_15-56-47.png

John Salib December 20, 2022

This is genius.
Thanks a lot Marta, I will test it and will keep you posted

John Salib December 23, 2022

@Marta Woźniak-Semeniuk 

I tried your solution but unfortunately I keep getting
`Destination status could not be resolved. If using a smart-value ensure this resolves to a numeric status ID or untranslated name for issues (with current status):`

I believe that I copied your suggestion word for word.

Do you have any idea why is this happening?

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events