Assigning a user doesn't work quick create

dennish_dcsorg_com May 23, 2022

When I create a new task using the + button on the board (business project) I want to assign the issue to a particular user. I have tried both automation rules and transition rules, and the user is not assigned, but if I click on Create at the top and create the issue that way the automation and the transition post function setting work without issue. I verified the task type is the same using the quick create vs the create button. Is there something I'm missing or is this a bug?

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
dennish_dcsorg_com May 26, 2022

It seems that it's a timing issue when using the quick create. If you add a refetch step before any issue changes it works.

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 23, 2022

Hi Dennish,

Are you saying that the Automation rule does not fire if you use the + button but it does if you use the Create button? 

dennish_dcsorg_com May 25, 2022

It does not if I just have assign user as the last step, but.....if I add a refetch step before the re-assign step then it works. Maybe a timing issue with quick create?

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 25, 2022

Yep - that sounds like a timing issue to me. 

0 votes
Garrett McCreery
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 23, 2022

Hi Dennish,

Can you add some screen shot here so that I can see you automation where you are trying to assign the user?

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events