Assign a board to a project

Marcel Montel August 29, 2016

We currently have boards that are created outside of the project, e.g it has a filter for for project key but when i go to Project there is no board assigned to that project. How would i assign an existing board to the project so it will get the same behaviour as if i would go into project and create the board?

I know i can create one from the project and select the same filter, but then all settings from the board i want wont be replicated.

3 answers

2 votes
Hemant
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 29, 2016

Hi,

Create a filter containing the different projects you wish to be included in your board and share it if desired. Then go into the configuration menu of your existing board. Select the filter you've just created as the main filter utilized by the board..

Thanks,

Hemant

1 vote
Deleted user December 4, 2017

Hello together

Is this still not possible? 

We just want to assign an existing board to a project. I don't undestand the answer from Hemand, the question was about assigning a board to a project, not configuring a board filter?

Anyone knows a way to reuse existing boards?

Thanks for your help.

0 votes
Deleted user December 4, 2017

Sorry, I tried to do this, and it did work. No plan why but now my board is assigned... !?

Karen Harmon March 15, 2019

I tried the above, but when I view Issues for a Project the Project in question does not display the Issue as with other Project assigned to the Board.  With other Project I can see the Backlog, Epics, Issues etc.  When I access the Project in Question, I just see my Issues, not Backlog info.  Can someone help me with this?

Like Eric Switalski likes this

Suggest an answer