Asking user for confirmation with prompt?

Justin S October 11, 2012

I have a java plugin that works with greenhopper/jira that moves certain issues around when certain conditions are met.

Is there any way I can prompt the user to confirm or cancel when these changes are about to happen using either Java or Jython?

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Dheeraj Kumar Aggarwal October 12, 2012

Hi Justin,

As listeners are non interative. So in listeners, you can just store the ids of those issues which you are moving. In the UI part, you can create a separate jira menu which will be visible only when there are some issues left for moving and for confirmation. This condition will be checked by JIRA on next refresh of page automatically.

It is just an idea, you can do it in a completely different way according to your need.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 12, 2012

I think that's right - flagging them somehow and adding them to an approval queue (Which you'll have to code for) is probably the way to approach this.

Justin S October 14, 2012

Gotcha, thanks!

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 11, 2012

Depends on how your plugin is doing it. Is it a listener of some sort?

Justin S October 12, 2012

Yes, currently it is an issue event listener

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 12, 2012

Then, I'm afraid the answer is no. Listeners are completely non-interactive, there's simply nothing to hang any form of user prompting on.

In fact, I'm not too sure you can do it in any other way either. I assume you're looking for some form of acceptance popup when someone moves something on a GH board? I think that would need hooks coded into the core of Jira and GH

Suggest an answer