Asking user for confirmation with prompt?

I have a java plugin that works with greenhopper/jira that moves certain issues around when certain conditions are met.

Is there any way I can prompt the user to confirm or cancel when these changes are about to happen using either Java or Jython?

2 answers

1 accepted

Hi Justin,

As listeners are non interative. So in listeners, you can just store the ids of those issues which you are moving. In the UI part, you can create a separate jira menu which will be visible only when there are some issues left for moving and for confirmation. This condition will be checked by JIRA on next refresh of page automatically.

It is just an idea, you can do it in a completely different way according to your need.

I think that's right - flagging them somehow and adding them to an approval queue (Which you'll have to code for) is probably the way to approach this.

Gotcha, thanks!

1 vote

Depends on how your plugin is doing it. Is it a listener of some sort?

Yes, currently it is an issue event listener

Then, I'm afraid the answer is no. Listeners are completely non-interactive, there's simply nothing to hang any form of user prompting on.

In fact, I'm not too sure you can do it in any other way either. I assume you're looking for some form of acceptance popup when someone moves something on a GH board? I think that would need hooks coded into the core of Jira and GH

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Emilee Spencer
Published Friday in Marketplace Apps

Marketplace Spotlight: DeepAffects

Hello Atlassian Community! My name is Emilee, and I’m a Product Marketing Manager for the Marketplace team. Starting with this post, I'm kicking off a monthly series of Spotlights to highlight Ma...

67 views 0 3
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot