Asking for license key again?

Eastern Book Company October 23, 2017

Hi, 

I had purchased Jira software for own server for 10 users, it was working fine suddenly it's asking for license key. why?

What about my data?

What happen if I reenter the key?

Let me know it's impotent.

Thanks 

1 answer

1 vote
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 23, 2017

Hi!

If it's asking for the license key again it's likely someone has removed the license from the instance. 

The license doesn't actually save the data, so as long as you still have your Jira home set and Jira is connected to your database then you won't lose any data. You are safe to re-enter your license.

Let me know if you have any trouble.

Kind Regards,
Shannon

Eastern Book Company October 23, 2017

Hi,

I had entered again and after that it was asking for name email and username. i had entered but now I am unable to login with old users.

How can I get back that old data?

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 26, 2017

Hi,

You will want to check then if anyone that has server administration access moved or removed the home directory, as this could cause similar issues that you are seeing. 

You can attempt to retrieve the Jira administrator login and see if your data still exists. As long as the database wasn't deleted you should be able to connect to it again but you will want to find out what changes were made on your end that could have caused that.

Kind Regards,
Shannon

Suggest an answer