Arrows between tasks in WBS Gantt chart

Crescenzo D_Alessandro January 10, 2022

Hello,

I am trying to understand the "rules" for showing arrows in the WBS Gantt chart.

If I set the dependencies in the Gantt chart I can see the arrows successfully. However, if I create a chart from an existing project I don't see the arrows, even though I can see the dependencies in the columns and also the diagram shows the tasks correctly arranged in terms of dependencies.

Is it a configuration issue or is this a known feature?

Many thanks,

Enzo

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Alessandro Portela Cristiano
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 10, 2022

Hello, @Crescenzo D_Alessandro 

Thank you for bringing this behavior to our attention and creating this Community Question.

According to our documentation, you can configure which Jira issue link type you want to use to represent the dependency between issues in your Gantt Chart. What is probably happening in your case is that the Issue Links used between your issues are not the ones mapped in your Gantt Configuration.
To update it, please perform the following steps:

1. Access your Gantt Configuration Screen by selecting the Cog Icon at the rightmost end of your Gantt Chart title bar (the gray one), then click Gantt Configuration
2. At the Configure WGC Gantt Chart screen, click on the View section at the Left Navigation pane
3. In the View configuration pane, click the Edit button located at the top right corner of that configuration panel and
4. Modify the Dependency link with the Issue link types you are using to link your issues in Jira by selecting them in the Drop Downs corresponding to each kind of dependency you want to see.

Once done, click on the Update button to save the changes and reopen your WBS Gantt-Chart.

We are looking forward to hearing more from you. If you need assistance with our plugins or have any other questions, please, contact us anytime at Ricksoft-Support.atlassian.net. We'll be happy to help.

We wish you a great day!

Kind Regards,
Alessandro C. | Support Engineer
Ricksoft Support Team

Crescenzo D_Alessandro January 11, 2022

Thank you @Alessandro Portela Cristiano !

I had worked out the link part. In fact, the problem I was having was resolved by being patient: I was editing the tickets and updating the Gantt chart "live", and the arrows did not show. I wasn't saving thinking I was making a mistake, but in fact after saving the Gantt chart and re-opening it the arrows showed OK (if you draw the arrows on the chart they appear immediately, hence my confusion).

To be clear, the sequence was the following:

1. Create a bunch of tickets with dependencies

2. Create a Gantt chart - the arrows don't appear

3. Add dependencies on the Gantt chart - only the new arrows appear

4. Save the Gantt chart and close it

5. Open again - the arrows do appear

Thank you for the help,

Enzo

Alessandro Portela Cristiano
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 11, 2022

Hi @Crescenzo D_Alessandro 

You are most welcome; Happy to hear that the issue has been addressed.

Please, do reach out again whenever needed. We will be glad to be of help!

Wish you a great day ahead.

Kind Regards,
Alessandro C. | Support Engineer
Ricksoft Support Team

Suggest an answer