Are you able to forward an email which would in tern create an issue for a project?

Ado Topuz April 8, 2015

The idea is that we get suggestions for features or bug issues emailed to us.  We want to be able to forward that email to let's say JAS@companyname.atlassian.net which would then create an issue and maybe assign it to no one for time being?

Thx

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 8, 2015
Ado Topuz April 8, 2015

This document talks about giving access to my IMAP or POP and it would scan my emails and based on certain rules it would create issues automatically?  

Here is my thought:

I get an email from client A:  Email says they would love to see a new feature added called something.
If I agree with that client I would forward that email I received to a designated email that Atlassian made for my specific project I want that issue added into.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 8, 2015

That is what the document says, yes - you create a new email address, and point JIRA at the inbox for the new address. Any mail sent to that address will create or comment in JIRA.

Ado Topuz April 9, 2015

I see. Do you know if there is a place where we can provide suggestions? A better route would be that each project has it's on email, example: JAS@AgentLocator.Atlassian.com and that any time an email is sent to hit it would automatically add it as an issue to that. This way we don't have to go around setting it up on our end. It would be fairly easy to set that up from a programming prospective these days. Thanks for your help Nic.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 9, 2015

It does do that - you can set up several mailboxes, and several email handlers to route them to different projects.

1 vote
Philippe Aubin
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 8, 2015

Suggest an answer