Are we able to attach a screenshot or video during creating bug on the slack using Jira integration

Eldin Semovic December 24, 2020

I've integrated Slack and Jira. During creating a new ticket on Slack I am not able to attach a screenshot (s) or video. Actually I don’t have an option to attach something. I would like to check with you, do we have an option to attach a screenshot or a video while creating a new bug via Slack to Jira.

SlackAndJira.png

Best regards,

Eldin

3 answers

1 vote
Artur Owczarek September 7, 2022

Have you abandoned this topic? It looks like essential for many organizations to use this integration well :)

0 votes
Daniel Eads
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 8, 2021

Hi @Eldin Semovic , welcome!

Thanks for asking about this. While most fields on the screen are customizable now, attachments are a bit different than the rest of the text-based fields available in Jira and the issue create dialogue. We've created a new feature request on our public Jira instance to track adding attachments specifically: API-368 Allow attachments to be added when creating an issue from Jira . Watching that feature request is the best way to be kept in the loop about attachments from Slack to Jira.

Cheers,
Daniel | Atlassian Team

0 votes
Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 24, 2020

@Eldin Semovic 

I really don't recall seeing that feature in Slack

Best,

Fadoua

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders