Are there plans to support Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe)?

I have read an article about a way to map the JIRA Agile concepts to SAFe. It is a workaround, not a real support for SAFe. Are there plans to support SAFe in the near future?

For example:

• Epics on Portfolio level, Features on Program level and Stories on Team level
  • Releases and release trains on program level
  • Business backlog, Program backlog and Team backlog on the respective levels

4 answers

0 votes

I suspect that's the direction the "Portfolio" addon will take as it gets integrated into JIRA + Agile.

The blog post referenced is from 3 years ago.  Are there any updated info or plans around SAFE?  Is there a vendor this has farmed this out to perhaps?

SoftwarePlant (the authors of BigPicture) were certified in SAFe and will release a fully SAFe-compliant version in 2016. First is the roadmap (with ARTs, program increments, cadences and so on) in Q1.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Mar 05, 2018 in Jira Software

Jack Graves: Real Ale enthusiast with a knack for Jira Software implementation

@Jack Graves [AC] first caught our eye with his incredible breakdown of what, in his opinion, can make or break a Jira software implementation. (Read his thoughts on this thread)! In this follow...

96,844 views 4 14
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you