Are search results under security controls blind or blocked, or can we tailor by content?

Seph McCarty November 7, 2017

I'm having trouble figuring out if search results in confluence filter through blind control, or blocked control. If an employee is undisclosed for a space, I understand he or she will not be able to access it. But will that person be able to see search results that indicate a page has indeed been created for that project or see when it was created?

1 answer

1 vote
Kian Stack Mumo Systems
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 7, 2017

No. Search results are restricted only to what a user has permissions to view.

Seph McCarty November 10, 2017

Thanks! Brief follow up: Do you know if I can adjust settings for some content, so it can be blocked instead of blind?

Kian Stack Mumo Systems
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 10, 2017

I don't know of any functionality that would allow you to do that. 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 10, 2017

No, you can't.  The point of hiding the page completely is that, well, the user can't see it.  You don't want the page information leaking out into search results and then giving people a link to a page they can't actually access.  That's a terrible experience for them, frustrating and annoying.

Seph McCarty November 10, 2017

Right. Sorry.

Might thinking was concerning those rare instances where I would want team members to be able to find out that a specific task had already been gotten underway, in which case they would not needlessly duplicate workflow channels or, if they wanted to join that project, would then be made aware it exists so they could request access.

Suggest an answer