Are Cloud Federations possible with cloud and server?

Greg Sarcona December 14, 2017

My company was recently acquired.  We had cloud instances for JIRA and Confluence.  The company acquiring us, has server.

Is it possible for me to create a project and pull issues from both instances to form a common backlog?

To do this, I'm led to believe I need to create a "Federated JIRA", which requires ALM's JIRA Client app, which is available for server only.

Is it possible for me to proceed, and if so, on which instance should I proceed?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 14, 2017

The only way to get one backlog is to duplicate the issues in other systems.  Backlogs can only work for local issues on the current server.

For that duplication, you'll need a full "issue synchronisation" solution.  I'd take a look at Backbone and Exalate.

Giampy JKAss October 30, 2018

Similar Question for me:
I have a federated Jira, need to open the issues/stories on another Jira that is located out of Domain. How to send the issues/task and return for example a fixed bub on the original Jira?

is Possible?

Thakns Giampaolo

Suggest an answer