Archiving Projects in JIRA 6.4.12

Cathy Foster January 25, 2021

I am running a very old version of JIRA (6.4.12) and am in the process of migrating issues to a newer version.  I want to prevent new issues from being created and want to know if a project can be archived in this version.  The only options I see in the Projects list are to Edit and Delete...neither of which I prefer to do.  All suggestions/tips are appreciated.  Thanks...

~Cathy F.

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 25, 2021

There is no specific "archive project" until you get to a much more recent version of Jira and it also needs to be Data Centre, not Server.

However, you can get close with a simple configuration.  Create a new "permission scheme" called something like "archived projects", and set it up so that it allows only "Browse project" to the people who should be able to see archived projects (this could be everyone, just your admins, or a mix of people - I can't tell you exactly, depends on your business need for archiving).  Apply that to the projects you want to archive, and you're done.  They'll be read-only, searchable to those who may need them, and invisible to the rest.

Suggest an answer