Apply quick filter on user stories with certain epic characteristics

Olivier van der Drift November 24, 2020

On my board I would like to apply a quick filter so I can see all user stories, tasks and bugs that are linked to epics with a certain component. How do I do this?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Krister Broman _Advania_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 24, 2020

Unfortunately, there is no easy way to look through issues and get them based on their connected epic data or to look through epics and get their issues without resorting to plugins, the most common being scriptrunner where you can look at the issuesinEpics or linkedIssuesOf functions. There are plenty of examples using these. 

Without that you end up with a situation where you can easily filter away epics but there is no way to get the underlying issues as just putting an OR issuetype != Epic will just populate everything again.  

Olivier van der Drift November 24, 2020

I've heard about scriptrunner but I don't have access to plugins where I work or I'll have to ask the system administrator of Jira. Thanks for your answer though, I appreciate it.

Suggest an answer