Anyone know what the new "Other Links" tab on development info is for?

andrew_pass
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 27, 2021

Anyone know what this is for? Or what it's going to be for?

Screenshot 2021-04-27 111134.png

Interested as currently looking into what other data we could spit into JIRA, stuff like number of failed e2e tests for example.

Cheers!

5 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 4, 2021

Hello Andrew,

Thank you for reaching out to Atlassian Community!

The “Other links” tab shows links from third parties to link dev information to Jira issues. 

Jira apps that integrate with third-party tools can choose to send links to Jira that show information that is connected to the given Jira issue, for example, a link to the result page of a security scan on a pull request that is connected to the Jira issue.  

Kind regards,
Angélica

andrew_pass
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 21, 2021

Hi Angélica,

Thanks for the reply, I thought that might be the case, is there any documentation on how to get stuff reading into this? 

As an example -

We're integrated with Jenkins and Bitbucket currently so our team can see deployment and build information on their issues which is great, we have a couple of security scanning tools running via jenkins on our deployment pipelines such as SonarQube and AquaSec.

We already get a report in Jenkins for the AquaSec scans but I'm wondering if it's possible to get this information or a link to the successful scan on the other links tab.

Another example would be, we run E2E tests as part of our pipelines using Cypress, is it possible to get this information onto that tab as well?

Many thanks :)

Andy

Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 21, 2021

Hi Andy,

I didn’t find any public documentation about this feature yet.

I escalated your case to the team responsible for that and once I have an update, I’ll share it here.

Kind regards,
Angélica

Tom Hombergs
Atlassian Team
May 24, 2021

Hi, 

I'm from the team supporting the Jenkins and GitHub integrations with Jira.

The "Other Links" feature is sparsely used, at the moment. I actually don't know of any tools that are already sending "Other Links" into Jira. 

Having said that, we're currently looking into how we can improve the Jenkins integration and the idea of sending SonarQube and AquaSec results as such a link is great! I'll add this to our backlog of ideas and we'll explore that! 

I'll leave a link to this thread in our ticket so we'll comment here with any progress we make.

Cheers,

Tom

Like Angélica Luz likes this
andrew_pass
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 25, 2021

Hi

Angélica, Tom,

Thanks for the reply :)

That's great, I think it is possible via Jenkin's rest API to grab the results and stuff associated with a build so would be cool to explore for sure and really useful!

We use a whole host of tools which spit out reports into our Jenkins pipelines so being able to see these directly in JIRA would be great and even better if we could trigger automation say off a failed test result ;) 

Many thanks,

Andy

Like Angélica Luz likes this
0 votes
Robert Ross October 14, 2023

Is the "Other links" data maybe mutatable from the GraphQL API

0 votes
Branden Connell
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
October 10, 2023

I found this article when looking at `Other Links` and see no updates to this feature. Is this just a DOA feature with no plans on documenting or enhancing? 

I was hoping for a feature over 3 years old in Beta would have something more than just a single ongoing thread with no real answers.

Is there any update to this at all? 

0 votes
Mauro Tamm October 14, 2022

A year later, is there anything?

Getting build or deployment-related links into the ticket would be great.

But there seem to be no integrations of any kind for this - like posting with the Jenkins plugin.

0 votes
michel November 23, 2021

@Tom Hombergs can i than also suggest to use this tab for firebase preview links? :) 

In the PR it generates the below note. Would be great to add that preview-URL in the other links tab too. 

github-actions bot commented 16 minutes ago

Visit the preview URL for this PR (updated for commit 17598f7):

https://bla-bla-bla-bl-12345-github-workfl-1234.web.app

(expires Fri, 03 Dec 2021 13:55:48 GMT)

🔥 via Firebase Hosting GitHub Action 🌎

Suggest an answer