Any user shall be able to assign any user to an issue

Jennifer Schwanenberg December 20, 2021

I want to be able to assign any user to an issue at any point of the process.

Right now I am only able to assign myself or "automated", but automated falls back to "unassigned".

2 answers

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 21, 2021

Hi Jennifer - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

Since you are on a Free account, you will not be able to modify the Permissions. 

But take a look at the Permission Scheme for the project, and it should say Application access (Andy logged in user) for both the Assignable User and Assign Issues permissions. 

Does it say that? 

0 votes
Chris Buzon
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 20, 2021

This is going to potentially be a bit confusing to explain, so if you're the admin I'd suggest using the permissions helper to find the problem(s)

Once in any project press "." (period) for the admin shortcuts and look for "permissions".  You want the permissions helper shortcut (you can find that in System settings too).

Select a user other than yourself, then an issue you want them to be assignable to (it's doing some diagnostics here), then scroll down to Assignable User (and you'll do this again to check "assign issues") - it will show you what's wrong in your settings.

Basically your users don't have one or more permissions set up for the group they're in. There can be several more specific problems, like the permissions scheme on the project being the culprit, or the project roles being set up incorrectly for what you need.

Chris Buzon
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 20, 2021

chrome_2021-12-20_08-10-39.png

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events