Any easy way to move issue from one project to another without 1) loosing original issue 2) synch status of two issues?

Miki Yuzawa September 3, 2012

Is there any easy way to move issue from one project to another without 1) loosing original issue 2) synch status of two issues?

There are two different projects. One is for tracking bugs, Project A. The other one is for new feature development, Project B. I sometime need to move bugs from Project A to Project B so that they become a part of the next itertion.

This is how I usually do manually:

1. Create a clone of bug in Project A so that the original issues do not disappear.

2. Move the clone from Project A to Project B.

3. Link the original bug and cloned issue

4. Update status of original bug once the cloned issue has been resolved

I have to repeat the four steps for each bug issue currently since I don't any other way to do it. This takes too much time and not really simple.

Thank you,

Miki

1 answer

0 votes
Radu Dumitriu
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 3, 2012

You can script your interaction with JIRA.

We just released this plugin: http://jira-plugins.kepler-rominfo.com/x/product/id/9 (not yet approved on marketplace, but it will be there soon). You can put a button on the issue saying: "Clone me", respecting all your requirements.

On the transition to "Close", you can set some postfunctions to move the original issue into the proper status.

Edit: sorry: You're on OnDemand. Not available.

Suggest an answer