Any chance to customize "days in column"

Rebecca Graf January 12, 2022

Hey community,

I am wondering if there is any option to customize the days in column" configuration. 

We are using Kanban Boards not only to visualize our day to day business but also to display our initiatives which are usually running a couple of weeks or sometimes also month.

The standard configuration is documented here and marks everything longer than 20 days in the column with the highest number of red dots. That's actually the case for most of our initiatives. Therefore I'd like to customize the number of days for this dedicated project.

Any idea how to solve that?

Best regards

Rebecca

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 12, 2022

Hi @Rebecca Graf 

There is nothing built-in which allows configuring the "days in column" to use a different threshold/unit of measure.  There may be a marketplace addon which helps with this.

As an alternative, you could replace this feature with a custom field and automation rules.

• disable the built-in feature
  • add a custom field for your days in column
  • add the custom field to your board's card layout
  • add two automation rules to manage the field
    • the first rule is triggered on status change (to an in progress status), resets the field to 0
    • the second rule is triggered on a daily schedule, and increments the field for any issues which are in progress

This would then show the day count on the cards.  If you want something more like the current behavior, you could make a more sophisticated rule to add something like the dots.

Kind regards,
Bill

Rebecca Graf January 13, 2022

Hi @Bill Sheboy ,

awesome! Thank you so much, it works perfectly.

For those who land here and are not yet familiar with the "increment" function here is a helpful article on it: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Marketplace-Apps-Integrations/How-may-I-increment-a-custom-field-s-number-on-a-specific/qaq-p/742636

Kind regards

Rebecca

Like Bill Sheboy likes this
Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 13, 2022

Rebecca, I am glad to learn that worked for you.  Please consider marking this question "answered" as that will help others find solutions faster.  Thanks!

Suggest an answer