Any chance the attachment viewing UX could be improved in the desktop app?

Joel Fouse January 5, 2021

I'm using the Mac desktop app, and interacting with image attachments on a given ticket is less than ideal.  I can only see three image thumbnails and the edge of a fourth, and I can't scroll to the side or widen the view to see the fourth fully.  And when I click to view one, I can't navigate via any clickable buttons or arrow keys to the side to view the others; I have to close each one in turn and then open the next.

Hmm...I take that back, it seems I can now scroll the preview thumbnails to the side with my mouse side-wheel-thing, but it's a bit awkward and there are no scrollbars or other UI elements to let me know that and I can't find a way to put keyboard focus on them to use arrows.  In any case navigating between them once one is opened is really the one I keep bumping up against.

I realize this is a bit of a minor thing and I'm hoping it's minor to add the UI controls to fix it; it's just the one consistent annoyance I'm having in using the app, so I wanted to pass on the feedback. When I want to e.g. review attached mockups or screenshots it just gets cumbersome.

Current version: 120.0.807

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 6, 2021

Hello Joel,

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

Thank you for your feedback. 

I followed the same steps in my local environment and I was able to replicate the same behavior. 

Based on your feedback, I created a feature request suggesting the improvements:

Please, click on vote and watch to receive updates, and feel free to add more details in the comments.

Regards,
Angélica

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events