Any Way to Merge Multiple Boards?

Kim Fawcett January 25, 2021

I just discovered that some of my team members have been looking at and updating the wrong board. Generally, we all use (or should be using) a single board, but apparently we have three. One of the three is a sort of legacy board that was created by our company admin and was never really used.  The second one I did not create and didn't even know existed until today. 

The result is, there are tasks that exist in these other boards that do not exist in the 'Master' board. So tasks are out there that are not reviewed or tracked during our daily Scrums. No wonder some people are confused.

Is there a way to merge the three boards into one?  without duplicating tasks? 

Failing that, is there a way to drag and drop or otherwise migrate without re-keying tasks from the rogue boards to the Master?

Finally, if neither of those options are possible, how can I delete the unnecessary rogue boards? Do I have that permission as a project Admin, or is it something my company admin can do?

Appreciate the help in advance.

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 25, 2021

Hi Kim - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

First, just a little clarification - you do not create cards against a board or with a board. You simply create cards against a project. A board is just a visual representation of the data in the database. The cards/issues that show on a board are based on a filter.

So, if you want to change what cards are showing on a board, then simply change the filter that determines which cards should show on the board.

Go to Board Settings > General and click on Edit filter query. 

Kim Fawcett January 27, 2021

Thanks this is helpful. Fairly new to JIRA, still learning about filters.

Like John Funk likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events