I accidentally wanna change my account name to a better name and afterwards all my jira issues and bitbucket work are gone in the issue dashboard. Then I changed back to my original username. It showed "An unknown error occurred while trying to perform a search".
Can you call me to assist me to solve this problem? I am the administrator of the company jira.
Can you let me know what version of Jira and Bitbucket that you are running?
Can you confirm how you performed the change on both platforms, and that you didn't create a new user or modify your existing permissions?
I did not do anything in the bitbucket. These two have been connected since I setup up both of them first time. The only thing I did is that I accidentally changed my username(admin) to another prettier name, finding out all my jira issues are gone. Then I changed it back. The issues never came back. Maybe I can call you and you can guide me step by step how I can check the problem.
So can you please confirm with me the extent of the problem? Are your Jira issues only missing from Bitbucket, or are they also removed from Jira?
I won't be able to walk you through it over the phone, but I can troubleshoot the issue on my end and let you know how to fix it on Community. Posting the result publicly lets other users see how to fix it and help in the future.
The extent of the problem is pretty severe. The jira issues are missing from Jira. I tried the reindexing solution this afternoon but it did not recover completely. Now I can see the previous issues. However, if I click "show more". Suddenly all the issues gone, showing the same error I got before.
I think reindexing might help but not solved completely.
I spoke with a few of the members from the Jira Server team, and they let me know that actually this could occur if you changed the name of a user to a username that used to exist for a former user.
Did you change the username itself, or the display name?
You can check the app_users table in Jira for associations of former usernames that could cause this conflict.
To verify, the issues aren't missing for other users, right? My assumption is after the change only your user is not able to view the issues?
Lastly, if you tail the Jira Server Logs when you try to perform the action from the above screenshot, can you let us know what errors are showing there?
Thanks for your answer. The issue is not happening for another user.
The errors in the jira server log is as below:
018-01-22 11:59:40,683 StreamsCompletionService::thread-3 ERROR gausslee 719x1677x3 1mlh1in 10.0.2.2 /plugins/servlet/streams [c.a.streams.internal.LocalActivityProvider] Exception building feed
com.atlassian.jira.issue.index.SearchUnavailableException: com.atlassian.jira.util.RuntimeIOException: java.io.IOException: read past EOF
at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor492.invoke(Unknown Source)
... 1 filtered
at com.sun.proxy.$Proxy12.getIssueSearcher(Unknown Source)
...PermissionsStartOnly=true User=www-data Group=www-data ExecStart=/opt/jira/bin/startup.sh ExecStop=/opt/jira/bin/shutdown.sh TimeoutStartSec=120 TimeoutStopSec=600 PrivateTmp=true [Install] WantedBy...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find a group
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.Start an AUG
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs